Summer is a great time for students to enjoy some much needed relaxation and family time. However, we do not want our students to lose ground academically during their summer break. Summer reading is a great way to keep student brains active and learning during this time.
All students enrolled at Midwest Academy will be required to complete a Summer Reading Assignment. This summer reading assignment will be connected to the fall curriculum and in-class assignments at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year. The summer reading genre this year will be plays. Copies of books are available at the library, local bookstore or online.
High School Reading Assignment
High school students will complete a Summer Book Blog Assignment that is due for a grade the first week of school. Students have received these assignments in class.
Grades 9-12 Book Choices:
Middle School Reading Assignment
Middle School students will write a postcard OR a letter about the book he or she has chosen to read. The note should include:
- Several sentences with thoughts about the characters and story
- A drawn or digitally created image
Students should mail their postcard to:
Summer Reading Project
Mrs. Hasty (Group A, B1 or B2) OR Ms. Knapp (Group C)
1420 Chase Ct.
Carmel, IN 46032
Middle School Group A, B1 and B2 Book Choices:
- The Capybara Conspiracy: A Novel in Three Acts by Erica S. Perl
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2, Special Rehearsal Edition Script by J.K. Rowling et al.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Middle School Group C Book Choice:
- The Boy Who Fell into a Book by Alan Ayckbourn
Students have all received printed copies of these assignments. Please note that there is a parent signature page due back to teachers by Friday, May 12.
If you have any questions, please contact your student’s teacher:
HAPPY SUMMER READING!!